Mar 28, 2003

I've been staying away from editorializing on war stuff lately. Just really generic and innocuous links mainly. I found myself very upset by the demonstrations recently. I wanted to clarify my thoughts on why I was so upset and come up with something that was clear and forthright instead of just yelling like the pro war people seem to do. I don't think of myself as pro war but, if you asked someone else they might disagree with me on that point. I spent some time doing research and trying to track down links that would support my views (which I've found) but, as is often the case, I'm better getting some distance from the whole thing before opening my mouth.

I worked yesterday. It was the same monotonous kind of thing I've been doing lately to make money. Time to learn some new tricks.

Shifting gears, watched The Good Girl which was entertaining and indicates Jennifer Aniston may have a career after friends. Hollywood has a nasty habit of churning through actresses on a pretty regular basis though.

Maybe it's the way female characters are treated in popular media which is a link to a site I came across a while back and found very disturbing. I sometime feel embarrassed to still be reading comics but, it's surprising how many movie properties are grown from the industry and there are still things like Ghost World and Strangers in Paradise (which will probably be a movie soon).

Nothing from Raed who has been in the spotlight a lot lately but, there's a link to another interesting blog, Moorish Girl which is worth a look too. Neither of which I would have known about if it wasn't for Margaret's blog.





No comments: